RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
In Order TO BE ElIGIBLE TO WIN ERIE HACK PRIZES, YOU MUST:
- Be registered as an individual and sign the ErieHack Participation Agreement on ErieHack.io by April 12.
- Be registered to a Team, with no more than five members, on ErieHack.io. New teams can continue to be created through March 26th and existing teams can continue to add new members (up to a limit of five) through April 12.
- If you’ve already created a team or identified one you plan to join, use ErieHack.io to make it official.
- If you’re already registered and you want to join a team, check the profiles of teams in your area and contact anyone whose skills and interests compliment your needs.
- If you’re having trouble connecting, reach out to your local Erie Hack support staff on the Cities page to arrange an introduction or contact the Cleveland Water Alliance at ErieHack@clewa.org
- Be 18 years or older unless participating on a High School Team Select a challenge statement and a corresponding toolkit of data resources and development platforms.
- Participate in (only) one of the regional Quarter Finals. Remote participation or local proxy available with due notice.
- Be selected for and participate in the Semi-Finals in Detroit. Remote participation or local proxy available with due notice.
- Be selected for and participate in the Finals in Cleveland. Attendance mandatory for all finalists
- Submit only one project at each judging session
IN ORDER TO ENSURE YOUR SUCCESS YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO:
- Sign and follow the stipulations of the Data Sharing Agreement in order to gain access to the Erie Hack Data Portal
- Attend Information Sessions and Hacking Days in any Erie Hack city.
- Work closely with Erie Hack Expert Mentors
- Use the tools provided by CWA and their co-organizers (e.g., IBM’s Bluemix and GE’s Predix), and any other applicable software and hardware.
- Contact their local Erie Hack support staff through the Cities page or CWA at ErieHack@clewa.org with any material or technical support needs
JUDGING & CRITERIA
Click to download the judging criteria for the quarter, semi and final rounds
Click to download information about the selection process.
$100,000 in prizes and acceleration services will be awarded to top performing teams. More details on prizes to be released soon.